Sunday, May 14, 2006

The NCA Convention

About three months ago, I submitted a paper to be presented at the National Communication Association's annual convention in San Antonio. It's been accepted. The title is "Burke, Pasteur, and the Rhetoric of Science."

I wrote it alone, with no feedback from anyone else, in spite of the many times I've told my students about the importance of feedback. So I had no idea whether it was even in the same league as the other papers that would be submitted. Apparently, it's quite acceptable; the reviewer's comments floored me. I'm very much looking forward to presenting it and getting feedback from other experts in the field. I submitted it through the American Association for the Rhetoric of Science and Technology, so there should be plenty of scholars with similar interests who will have worthwhile input.

This is why I'm returning to academia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home